There is nothing quite like good bedding! I seriously get ‘them feels’ when I see a comfy bed with fun sheets and a great duvet cover. So, of course I am totally crushing on the new range from Feliz Home, aptly named Homecoming.
The name ‘Homecoming’ reflects the belief that your home should be a comfy haven and place to express yourself. We believe everyone can benefit from coming home to the extraordinary healing powers of luxurious bed linen.
Feliz have definitely hit all my buttons with their high quality (GOTS organic cotton) bed linen and perfect blend of fun/trendy but timelessly designed pieces. I am ridiculously in love with the Fringed Linen throw in Mustard!! (ALL the heart eye emojis). Have a wee peruse through the range below and go here to see more!
Images courtesy of Feliz Home
I’m super excited to share today about picking “good art” for kids (babies to teens!) rooms and I have SO many great print choices from Endemic World to show you!
When I say “good art” I’m talking about artist designed pieces which are good quality, visually interesting, preferably local and not mass produced, “on trend” throwaway pieces. I’m not suggesting that you have to spend thousands or even hundreds of dollars on nice artworks for your kids rooms! Kids grow and tastes change and I understand that not every parent has artwork in the budget! BUT.. I have been scouring Endemic World for you and have found SO many good options, all starting under the $100 mark and covering babies to teens..
So, why do I think you should buy “good art” for kids rooms?
- Special Memories (Life long treasures): Artwork is a personal thing and just as our favourite music or scents evoke memories of a certain time, the same is true of art. A beautiful print gifted to your child may one day be passed down to your grandchild, or forever hung in a future family home.
- Inspire Creativity: I love the idea of filling a home with artwork to inspire yourself and your family, to not only express yourself but to evoke your own creativity! For kids, having their own space and room is so important (especially as they grow) and filling it with inspiring work may be just the thing to spark their own creative interests.
- Support Artists: As you’re reading this blog, I’m sure you don’t need too much persuading on how important it is to support the artists, makers / creators and small business owners out there.. But it must be said, we should support artists and the creation of beautiful things. Buying art for your kids not only supports artists but encourages your kids to do the same in the future.
- Support Local: Okay, it’s kind of the same as the last point but I really need to push this one. Juniors is ALL about supporting New Zealand and Australian artists and brands because we believe there is value in supporting local businesses and that each of us can use our resources to positively impact artists and makers out there who put a lot of effort into doing what they do so well. If we each decided to purchase even just a few more local things than we do now, that would make a big difference (and again encourage your kids to do the same!)
- It just plain looks good: When a space looks good, it usually feels good. Feeling good in your space and in your home is a good thing and good for your kids overall wellbeing and happiness! (not at all scientific but makes sense to me!)
I’m a BIG fan of Endemic World, with their well curated selection of so many great artists, they make art buying easy for anyone. It was no easy task to choose from so many great options but I’ve gone ahead and done the hard work for you! Below are some of my picks for kids rooms, all of which could be used for nearly any age and will stand the test of time. These aren’t all typical “kids” prints, but rather artworks which kids can definitely appreciate and love in their own space. Let me know which are your favourites and head over to Endemic World for even MORE choices!
1. Travel Far 2. Flower Moon 3. Waffle Cone
1. Battles 2. Little Red Riding Hood 3. Tweedle Dee Tweedle Dum
1. Float 2. Floral Circle 3. Forest
1. One Track Mind 2. 50 Year Storm 3. Street Roller
1. Bear and Roses 2. Skate Mates 3. Snake
1. Pink Magical Forest 2. Aztec 3. Green Cactus
1. Bear 2. Rainbow Wreath Bunny 3. Spotted Doe
1. Little Grey Fantail 2. Waratah Bud 3. Garden Party
1. Kiwi Cuz 2. Red Leader 3. Pick a Colour
Imagery provided courtesy of Endemic World
This new Winter 2017 collection is definitely reason for celebration! One of our favourites, Kate & Kate have teamed up with the incredibly talented Sydney interior design house, Arent&Pyke to bring us Carnival which we’re bursting to show you!
After 18 months of development, Kate and Kate with Juliette (Arent) and Sarah-Jane (Pyke) have released a collection which effortlessly combines the Arent&Pyke style with the Kate & Kate aesthetic. A celebration of celebrations, there’s a lot of super fun new pieces and some seriously cute new baby blankets including possibly our favourite wee Benny Alpaca blanket.
As well as gorgeous baby blankets there’s also new linen throws, cushions, tablecloths and napkins. We’ve talked about the linen throws before with the last collection and how versatile they are – blanket, beach throw, wall hanging, table cloth, picnic rug (we love a good multi-purpose item for a busy family)
You can see the full new collection here which is available for pre-order right now (there’s an option to personalise your blanket with an embroidered name making a perfect keepsake or gift!!).
The Indoor / Outdoor Playmats are made from natural tree rubber and are a completely safe and eco-friendly solution for little ones while learning to sit up and play. As opposed to other foam mats on the market, these are non toxic, free from nasty chemicals as well as being 100% biodegradable! Definitely a VERY useful item to use at home or on the go (includes a convenient carry bag for travelling and storage), non-slip, easy clean AND there is three beautiful patterns to choose from.
For a softer touch there’s also the new Reversible Quilted Blankets / Indoor Playmats! Made from organic cotton with four different ultra sweet patterns to choose from these are the perfect wee double purpose play mat and blanket for your own bub or baby shower gift (gender neutral options – hooray!).
Have a look through the designs with us and then check out the Indoor/Outdoor Rubber Playmats here and the Reversible Cotton Quilted Blankets here
It is with great enthusiasm that we introduce you to the MOST beautiful baby blankets we have ever laid our eyes on! Clever Christine from Niche Textile Studio in Wellington is hand weaving a range of sustainably minded blankets from New Zealand wool, the result is incredibly well made and thoughtfully designed pieces which would most certainly be handed down for generations to come.
Naturally coloured wool (meaning no dyes are used and energy and water use in yarn production is reduced) complements the three different motifs available in the range. These motifs have been translated into a textured self-stitched double cloth weave structure with 2 layers of cloth on the loom woven together at little moments of pattern, creating loft and warmth.
Each blanket is available in either Wahakura (moses basket) size (65cm x 80cm) or Cot size (105cm x 120cm). We also spy Niche’s
equally beautiful range of hand woven cushions
) which would be just stunning in a nursery (or anywhere in the house)!! Come and look through the different motifs with us, I’m not sure I can pick a favourite (although the Ocean waves
is really speaking to me!)… Let us know your favourite in the comments!
Geotile – celebrates the universal language and elegance of pattern constructed on hidden grids of circles and ruled lines, and mastered by practitioners of Islamic design.
Ocean Waves (Seigaha) – derived from Japanese sashiko stitching, represents power, luck and resilience.
Seven Treasures (Shippo Tsunagi) – derived from the Japanese sashiko stitch tradition and symbolises good fortune.