There is nothing quite like good bedding! I seriously get ‘them feels’ when I see a comfy bed with fun sheets and a great duvet cover. So, of course I am totally crushing on the new range from Feliz Home, aptly named Homecoming.
The name ‘Homecoming’ reflects the belief that your home should be a comfy haven and place to express yourself. We believe everyone can benefit from coming home to the extraordinary healing powers of luxurious bed linen.
Feliz have definitely hit all my buttons with their high quality (GOTS organic cotton) bed linen and perfect blend of fun/trendy but timelessly designed pieces. I am ridiculously in love with the Fringed Linen throw in Mustard!! (ALL the heart eye emojis). Have a wee peruse through the range below and go here to see more!
Images courtesy of Feliz Home
I’m super excited to share today about picking “good art” for kids (babies to teens!) rooms and I have SO many great print choices from Endemic World to show you!
When I say “good art” I’m talking about artist designed pieces which are good quality, visually interesting, preferably local and not mass produced, “on trend” throwaway pieces. I’m not suggesting that you have to spend thousands or even hundreds of dollars on nice artworks for your kids rooms! Kids grow and tastes change and I understand that not every parent has artwork in the budget! BUT.. I have been scouring Endemic World for you and have found SO many good options, all starting under the $100 mark and covering babies to teens..
So, why do I think you should buy “good art” for kids rooms?
- Special Memories (Life long treasures): Artwork is a personal thing and just as our favourite music or scents evoke memories of a certain time, the same is true of art. A beautiful print gifted to your child may one day be passed down to your grandchild, or forever hung in a future family home.
- Inspire Creativity: I love the idea of filling a home with artwork to inspire yourself and your family, to not only express yourself but to evoke your own creativity! For kids, having their own space and room is so important (especially as they grow) and filling it with inspiring work may be just the thing to spark their own creative interests.
- Support Artists: As you’re reading this blog, I’m sure you don’t need too much persuading on how important it is to support the artists, makers / creators and small business owners out there.. But it must be said, we should support artists and the creation of beautiful things. Buying art for your kids not only supports artists but encourages your kids to do the same in the future.
- Support Local: Okay, it’s kind of the same as the last point but I really need to push this one. Juniors is ALL about supporting New Zealand and Australian artists and brands because we believe there is value in supporting local businesses and that each of us can use our resources to positively impact artists and makers out there who put a lot of effort into doing what they do so well. If we each decided to purchase even just a few more local things than we do now, that would make a big difference (and again encourage your kids to do the same!)
- It just plain looks good: When a space looks good, it usually feels good. Feeling good in your space and in your home is a good thing and good for your kids overall wellbeing and happiness! (not at all scientific but makes sense to me!)
I’m a BIG fan of Endemic World, with their well curated selection of so many great artists, they make art buying easy for anyone. It was no easy task to choose from so many great options but I’ve gone ahead and done the hard work for you! Below are some of my picks for kids rooms, all of which could be used for nearly any age and will stand the test of time. These aren’t all typical “kids” prints, but rather artworks which kids can definitely appreciate and love in their own space. Let me know which are your favourites and head over to Endemic World for even MORE choices!
1. Travel Far 2. Flower Moon 3. Waffle Cone
1. Battles 2. Little Red Riding Hood 3. Tweedle Dee Tweedle Dum
1. Float 2. Floral Circle 3. Forest
1. One Track Mind 2. 50 Year Storm 3. Street Roller
1. Bear and Roses 2. Skate Mates 3. Snake
1. Pink Magical Forest 2. Aztec 3. Green Cactus
1. Bear 2. Rainbow Wreath Bunny 3. Spotted Doe
1. Little Grey Fantail 2. Waratah Bud 3. Garden Party
1. Kiwi Cuz 2. Red Leader 3. Pick a Colour
Imagery provided courtesy of Endemic World
I am SO thrilled to be able to introduce to you a very clever, new Australian brand making some VERY cool products! Mighty Small is solving parenting problems the way kids would (makes sense!) and we LOVE what they’ve come up with.
Dave and 7 year old son Jasper have just recently launched Mighty Small and their first product is the Treasure Bowl. The bowl has a special compartment where you can store a treat which can only be retrieved by finishing your meal. Having witnessed the parenting perils of trying to get a 3 year old (my nephew) to eat dinner, I could immediately see the massive benefits of this bowl for tricky eaters (A must have to make meal times less stressful and more fun!)
If you’re wondering how it works, there are several clever additions: – A handy moat to capture any rogue food or sauce – A heat resistant lid to keep your treat cool and meal hot – A sticky grip base to stop slips. All this as well as being BPA chemical free and dishwasher safe. As a super cute non-food treat alternative, Mighty Small have released wee creature temporary tattoos (see image below) – LOVE!
The bowls and tattoos are available to purchase on the shop now! We are looking forward to the release of the next product they are working on – Medicine Marvin and Medicine Molly! A beautifully simple wee friend who makes taking medicine easier and more fun for kids. Scroll down to see pics and diagrams. These will be available soon, stay tuned!
Imagery provided courtesy of Mighty Small
Eeeeeeee!!! Our eyes have permanent hearts on them right now. Local favourites, Mushama & Me have just released some brand new Baby Rain Ponchos and Waterproof Playmats and we are in LOVE!
We’ve talked about New Zealand brand, Mushama & Me before but in case you missed it, these guys make incredible raincoats from pre-loved fabrics which have been water-proofed / wind-proofed. We just love their ethos and the incredibly unique products they make. These guys really are taking environmentally friendly products to the next level!
Form and function definitely combine with both the heart meltingly cute Baby Poncho and the perfectly practical Waterproof Playmat. The Poncho is super easy to get on baby without having to fight with arms / armholes and the hood is elasticated so it stays on! The playmats, available in 2 sizes are a must for any family with so many uses – Outdoor play, picnics, beach, park, water-play, playdough, indoor play, under a high chair. Each mat comes in a wee drawstring bag made from recycled cotton so it’s easy to take with you and always have on hand. Come browse with us!
Image courtesy of Mushama & Me
We are so thrilled to introduce you to a super cool kiwi brand, O is for Olive! The very clever graphic designer, Melanie has just recently launched her line of bespoke typographic prints and we are smitten.
‘Personalised’ products can be a little hit and miss especially when it comes to kids things but O is for Olive is definitely a hit. You can personalise your print with Name / Date / Location / Weight etc, making a ridiculously stylish keepsake which would last for years to come. With a mid-century modern feel, you can see the prints don’t look out of place in a living room / hallway as well as fitting perfectly into a nursery or kids room. With free worldwide shipping on all prints, these are a really great buy for yourself or a beautiful gift!