I’m super excited to share today about picking “good art” for kids (babies to teens!) rooms and I have SO many great print choices from Endemic World to show you!
When I say “good art” I’m talking about artist designed pieces which are good quality, visually interesting, preferably local and not mass produced, “on trend” throwaway pieces. I’m not suggesting that you have to spend thousands or even hundreds of dollars on nice artworks for your kids rooms! Kids grow and tastes change and I understand that not every parent has artwork in the budget! BUT.. I have been scouring Endemic World for you and have found SO many good options, all starting under the $100 mark and covering babies to teens..
So, why do I think you should buy “good art” for kids rooms?
- Special Memories (Life long treasures): Artwork is a personal thing and just as our favourite music or scents evoke memories of a certain time, the same is true of art. A beautiful print gifted to your child may one day be passed down to your grandchild, or forever hung in a future family home.
- Inspire Creativity: I love the idea of filling a home with artwork to inspire yourself and your family, to not only express yourself but to evoke your own creativity! For kids, having their own space and room is so important (especially as they grow) and filling it with inspiring work may be just the thing to spark their own creative interests.
- Support Artists: As you’re reading this blog, I’m sure you don’t need too much persuading on how important it is to support the artists, makers / creators and small business owners out there.. But it must be said, we should support artists and the creation of beautiful things. Buying art for your kids not only supports artists but encourages your kids to do the same in the future.
- Support Local: Okay, it’s kind of the same as the last point but I really need to push this one. Juniors is ALL about supporting New Zealand and Australian artists and brands because we believe there is value in supporting local businesses and that each of us can use our resources to positively impact artists and makers out there who put a lot of effort into doing what they do so well. If we each decided to purchase even just a few more local things than we do now, that would make a big difference (and again encourage your kids to do the same!)
- It just plain looks good: When a space looks good, it usually feels good. Feeling good in your space and in your home is a good thing and good for your kids overall wellbeing and happiness! (not at all scientific but makes sense to me!)
I’m a BIG fan of Endemic World, with their well curated selection of so many great artists, they make art buying easy for anyone. It was no easy task to choose from so many great options but I’ve gone ahead and done the hard work for you! Below are some of my picks for kids rooms, all of which could be used for nearly any age and will stand the test of time. These aren’t all typical “kids” prints, but rather artworks which kids can definitely appreciate and love in their own space. Let me know which are your favourites and head over to Endemic World for even MORE choices!
1. Travel Far 2. Flower Moon 3. Waffle Cone
1. Battles 2. Little Red Riding Hood 3. Tweedle Dee Tweedle Dum
1. Float 2. Floral Circle 3. Forest
1. One Track Mind 2. 50 Year Storm 3. Street Roller
1. Bear and Roses 2. Skate Mates 3. Snake
1. Pink Magical Forest 2. Aztec 3. Green Cactus
1. Bear 2. Rainbow Wreath Bunny 3. Spotted Doe
1. Little Grey Fantail 2. Waratah Bud 3. Garden Party
1. Kiwi Cuz 2. Red Leader 3. Pick a Colour
Imagery provided courtesy of Endemic World
Eeeep!!!! I am over-the-moon excited to introduce you to a truly gorgeous NZ brand, Mini Hearts Club!
All their garments are made in New Zealand using beautiful linen and organic cotton in stunningly simple styles letting the silhouettes and fabric speak for themselves.
With a neutral palette of black and grey with the classic stripe and perfect soft pink thrown in for good measure, Mini Hearts Club are creating quality, timeless pieces for your mini one which say NO to the fast fashion trend. The collection is made to layer, made to last, made to be played in and definitely to be admired.
The perfect range of basics which feel anything but basic! A couple of my favourites are the Linen Lawn Dress and the Roam Harem Leggings (although it’s hard to choose!!)
Have a look through the range with us and then go and browse here!
It is with great enthusiasm that we introduce you to the MOST beautiful baby blankets we have ever laid our eyes on! Clever Christine from Niche Textile Studio in Wellington is hand weaving a range of sustainably minded blankets from New Zealand wool, the result is incredibly well made and thoughtfully designed pieces which would most certainly be handed down for generations to come.
Naturally coloured wool (meaning no dyes are used and energy and water use in yarn production is reduced) complements the three different motifs available in the range. These motifs have been translated into a textured self-stitched double cloth weave structure with 2 layers of cloth on the loom woven together at little moments of pattern, creating loft and warmth.
Each blanket is available in either Wahakura (moses basket) size (65cm x 80cm) or Cot size (105cm x 120cm). We also spy Niche’s
equally beautiful range of hand woven cushions
) which would be just stunning in a nursery (or anywhere in the house)!! Come and look through the different motifs with us, I’m not sure I can pick a favourite (although the Ocean waves
is really speaking to me!)… Let us know your favourite in the comments!
Geotile – celebrates the universal language and elegance of pattern constructed on hidden grids of circles and ruled lines, and mastered by practitioners of Islamic design.
Ocean Waves (Seigaha) – derived from Japanese sashiko stitching, represents power, luck and resilience.
Seven Treasures (Shippo Tsunagi) – derived from the Japanese sashiko stitch tradition and symbolises good fortune.
Holy Moly! I think we have just found the cutest merino baby wear in all of NZ! Mamoo & Lou have created a truly magical collection where fun shapes and patterns meet natural fibres and a muted palette.
Mamoo & Lou create their baby and toddler garments using 100% merino wool in gender neutral designs (perfect for gifting – we LOVE the Newborn Gift Set!) which is ideal for handing down garments to siblings/cousins/friends etc! We are always looking for garments to stand the test of time and Mamoo & Lou DEFINITELY tick that box.
Baby knitwear has a special place in my heart. Every time a knitted piece is unwrapped at a baby shower there are cheers and swoons and a lot of ohhs and ahhs. Scroll through with us and get your knitted fix of the most gorgeous rompers, cardis, jumpsuits, beanies and more. Right now we are hosting a GIVEAWAY of one of the Shadow jumpsuits on our Facebook and Instagram – Be sure to enter! ALSO.. Head to Mamoo & Lou’s Facebook and Instagram to keep up with their weekly Christmas specials (currently Buy one jumpsuit, get one free!!) as well as enter to win vouchers!